Monday, May 11, 2009

The Last Seven Days....

The Past Week has been a mad house around my house. Xander who has always been very much a boy, in that he has a new scrape or bruise or hurt daily. He hit even his quota this week. It started of with a stuffy nose and a simple case a clearing the throat and a few spiting incidents, this turned into strep (but at least we avoided the swine flu that he had been worrying about all weekend, I have never seen an eight yr old who was not OCD was his hands so much.) Then just as he was getting back on his feet he was knocked off again literally by the tire swing that decided to use his head as a ping pong ball between it and the metal pole that it is perched on.(I am sure it did not decided to do this all on it's own but with a little help from the girls outside.) No he did not crack it open but yes there was a concussion. Apparently 3 and a half hours in the ER and this injury was not enough for him. And the fact that it was after midnight and we had just returned from the hospital and he was not walking all that straight did not even phase him. And certainty if he had been old enough to drive they would have told him not to do that, but all this aside he immediately tried to ride his bike! I say tried because of course you are getting the point here that he could not. And now he lye in the drive with a gash in his leg and road rash up and down his leg and arm. I know You asking your self were was I? right! I had gone in my mothers house to retrieve my daughter to go home. Xander had followed me in, kissed grandma and then returned to the car, or so I thought, until I heard the scream.
Xander's concern was that we had to go all the way back to the hospital. We did not, His dad got him cleaned up and bandaged and returned home.(Yes his battle cry even woke his dad and step mom.) Needless to say he made it through the night and another whole day with out getting hit in the head again with the same tire swing. (Maybe it does have a mind of it's own and it is out to get him?)
He did manage to make it back to school and finish out the week, with 100% on his spelling test. But he did get side tracked at the Zoo while taking a restroom break and was gone for over 25 min so I had to have security help track him down. (Every place needs those FAMILY restrooms, so single mom's (or Dad's) don't get that look when they take there son in the restroom with them or stand outside the men's waiting for their CHILD!) But today is a new day and so far no calls from school, and other than eating three times his normal breakfast (growth spurt, I knew you were thinking it) things seem to be going smooth. Thank God.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope things continue to go smoothly...sounds like you all have had about enough bumps. :)