Wednesday, April 8, 2009

From the mouths of Babes....


My Daughter, Lily is Six and has noticed over the last ten months the new construction of a now complete and completely vacant building that sits at the end of our block.
She ask yesterday as we drove by it why nobody is "living" in it. I said well they probably have not found a use for it yet.
"Well" She said "I am sure the homeless people could find a use for it, we should write to them and tell them they could use it."
I was completely taken back by this comment and the only thing I could think to say is "How would we let them know?" She of course had answer to that.
"The same way we let them know there are toys for them at Christmas." She said.
She had it all figured out in here head.
"Dear homeless, We have a building in the Cottonwood Heights area that is not being used that you can use. Thank you. Lily.
If only it were really that easy. and the answers could all be solved that simply.

1 comment:

  1. That is the cutest thing.. So thoughtful and grown up of her, I love Lily! She's such a doll and growing up too fast. Tell her and Xander I said hi :)

    ReplyDelete