Saturday, November 15, 2008

The stress of it all..



November 15, 2008

Warning note to my readers:

This is my first official blog and all though I know I have a lot to say I don't always know that I can get it out, at least coherently so if you end up reading this or even following along good luck.

I am a single mother of two great kids and this in and of it self is great and i could write and tell all the wonderful things my children do, but I have an added struggle as do many people that I know my son who is 7 was diagnosed with Autism, luckily... I always laugh after that word... any way he was diagnosed at 3 so I have had four years to get to know my son and to try and learn what is like to live in his world trying to live in our world.

I say this because even thought he is extremely high functioning there are days that he just does not get why people act the way they do to him, frankly I don't always get that either but I am sure that it is in completely different ways.
It just gets harder for him as he gets older, he still has the disposition of a 3 or 4 year old, his mental age is appropriate as far as education, as well as his size but his peers are starting to see him as a target rather than a friend. So he gets abused at school, on the playground and on the school bus, even from younger students who have the mental capability to become friends with older students.
The School has stepped in but he is feeling very down on him self right now and expresses his wishes that he had never been born, and that he was not around. I try and tell him that would be very sad for all of us because he is one of the best things that I have ever done.
That is all I have the heart for now but I will be back...soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment