Thursday, June 4, 2009

Life is Changing...

Autism effects 1 out of 150 children... my 8-yr-old is one of them. He was diagnosed with PDD (On the autism scale) at the age of 3. I thought then his life and mine would never be the same.
I talked about his diagnosis in an earlier blog.

I keep seeing articles in the paper and hearing stories on the news that a small percentage of the children effected with Autism have "recovered" or are "cured".

After an extreme amount of testing that the school requires each couple of years I was told that Xander was one of the children that had seemed to make a significant recovery. As I cherish the thought of him fitting in better, my heart breaks for my friends that have older children that have not seen a positive change or have watched them get worse over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment